We are the Cancholas Family and for generations we have assisted climbers from all over the world to the ‘Rooftop of Mexico.’ We only guide peaks here in Mexico which gives you the advantage in comfortably knowing we know our mountains and can provide you with the best itinerary and tour possible. We live and manage our 2 story, 10 room Hotel in Tlachichuca, Mexico. Our dining area, open courtyard and completely gated location make for a welcoming environment to meet fellow climbers from all around. More climbers have reached the highest peaks in Mexico through Summit Orizaba because of our service, knowledge, and experience. We are here to make your expedition an adventure to remember.
Located in the historic downtown area of Tlachichuca in the shadows of Pico De Orizaba, our Hotel is a short walk to many area attractions, including the town shopping area, local markets, internet cafe and restaurants. If you want to stay in and relax before or after the climb, our Hotel offers a secure and welcoming environment to do so.
- Mr. Joaquin Canchola and Maribel, I wanted to say “Thanks” for giving us a most wonderful experience of our lives. After two years of living in Mexico, I was able to achieve a goal of reaching the summit of Citlaltepetl. My brother in law, and our three friends and I are so grateful for their hospitality and friendship that not many ways to say “THANK YOU for everything!” I am including a picture we took with Mr. Canchola at Piedra Grande after our descent.
- From the bus rides to the summit and the local Sunday market in Tlachichuca, my entire experience with Summit Orizaba was a success and one of the most enjoyable peaks I’ve climbed. I especially enjoyed the cultural experience: (vendors on the bus, the hospitality and jovial nature of the Concholas, sharing the hut with locals) as it was my first foreign summit). I have had other unpleasant “in your face” experiences in Mexico with vendors, taxi and shuttle drivers, tour salesmen, etc. that usually deal with tourists. On this trip however, it felt more like real Mexico, no one stared or pressured us to buy their goods on the bus or in Tlachichuca
- All around a very nice stay and great service at this place! I can and will recommend your service in my Blog.www.tlausser.com –Thomas Laussermair
- Thank you for the good service.
- I would highly recommend this adventure to anyone who wants to get a taste of high altitude adventure! Summit Orizaba provided a great experience. We all made it to the summit October 2010!
- We stayed at the Canchola Household, and were very well taken care of by Joaquin Canchola and daughter Maribel, with numerous relatives pitching in to make the operation run smoothly. The Canchola House is deemed to be the B&B of choice due to the rooms, food, price, and service. HAMS incoming Director Dave Pellegrini had stayed with them previously, and he highly recommended them.
- My favorite part was being able to actually experience Mexico and not just be put with a bunch of American strangers in Mexico. It was nice to have everything be so authentic and have a Mexican guide and dinner by Maribel who is very gracious and attentive to whatever we needed. –Mandy Harmer
- Hello Joachim and family,
I have stayed at your hostel in 2002, while I climbed pico de Orizaba with the Canadian College of the Rockies program. It was good to have the experience on a big peak like that, and glad for your hospitality and support. I am going to include some images for your gallery, so that you can use them on your website. Hope to make it back down again one day. –Curt Hegel
- You made my trip to Tlachichuca and Mount Orizaba so great. Everything was so easy. The hospitality and accommodations at the Conchola’s place were great. The food was excellent also. I cannot thank you enough for such a great experience. Having everything organized as you do on here makes the whole trip so nice.
Thanks. –Rick Soulier
- Pico de Orizaba was on our climbing groups list for a while. After much research we chose you (Summit Orizaba) for your company history, value, and track record of success. We only wish you had a guide service to assist with our next big mountain! Thanks for getting our entire group of eight to the summit. –Christopher Watchman
- I would highly recommend Canchola’s services, and (Joaquin) deserves a lot of gratitude for making our CMC outing so successful. He did a lot of work for us/besides get us up there. Click here for full trip report –Ricardo Pena
- I’m a vegetarian and needed a guide since I was traveling alone. I got great food, great service, and a great guide. Alain, my guide, speaks English about as well as I speak Spanish (Learn In Your Car CDs) but we managed just fine. I didn’t summit but that was due to altitude and conditioning on my part. Highly recommended. I’ll be back next year to try again. –Dave Howard
- Summit Orizaba helped me achieve a dream of climbing a high altitude peak I wasn’t sure I could do. Thank you!—Alan Peel
- Thanks again meeting my expectations and encouraging our group all along the way. Joaquin was attentive to our ‘rookie’ needs and make us feel very safe comfortable as possible. –Derek Kirkham
- I have just returned to Ireland after a successful climb of Ixta and Pico de Orizaba. I went with my sixteen year old daughter and my brother-in-law and we booked the whole trip through Summit Orizaba. They organised the guides, cook, tents, food water, flats etc. so that when we arrived everything was ready to go. Our trip went extremely well, we spent 9 days in Mexico we all achieved both the summits. They were very well organised and without issue. I would use Summit Orizaba again and would recommend them to anyone who wants everything organised and hassle free. –Ryan Tuathal
- I’m happy to recommend the Cancholas for a full service trip. Anyone is welcome to contact me for email@example.com –Dan Carling
- We had a great time. You guys did a great job and put together a great team. For the cost, I feel we got a great deal. Our summit day went quite smoothly. I will certainly recommend Summit Orizaba to anyone who wishes to travel to Mexico. I don’t know how you do it, but it was nice to have such prompt service throughout every part of our trip. –Vance Sellers
- My experience was absolutely incredible. As far as the trip, hike and tour in their entirety, I speak and think highly of the land and the people. It’s a beautiful land with beautiful people. The culture is one to be prepared for, but it’s always a shock when you experience it in person on hand. The experience I had with Summit Orizaba was just as pleasing. I was more than positively surprised at the support of the staff. –Josh Horn
- The Express trip was amazing, the people are among the friendliest and accommodating I have ever come across, and I have nothing but respect for the staff and guides who take this trip many times per month! The last night was one of the hardest of my lives, and is an accomplishment that can only be truly appreciated with hindsight. –Shane Redmond
- I had a great time on the Orizaba trip. It was the highest peak I have ever been on. I think anyone with good physical fitness and the right drive can make it to the top and enjoy the experience of life time. Good company with friendly staff! —Rich Hodge
- Traveling from the UK and not having visited Mexico before, it was well worth planning our climb with Summit Orizaba. You took care of all the concerns and we were able to make our holiday a memorable one. –Jane Traux
To submit your testimonial and pictures please email: firstname.lastname@example.org